The Missionary Society of St Columban is an international Catholic missionary organization, centered on the Eucharist, that crosses boundaries of culture and religion to help the poor and exploited peoples.
We seek to reach out and transform human life through our evangelizing work, opening up the horizons of humanity to the living mystery of God's kingdom, and responding to the poor and suffering wherever they may be found.
Why We're Different
Living side-by-side with the people in the countries where we work, Columban Missionaries live and share the Gospel of Jesus through:
- Working with poor and exploited peoples.
- Seeking justice and dignity for those denied their rights.
- Developing faith communities in the local church.
- Promoting dialogue between Christians and those from other religions.
- Growing a culture of peace.
- Advocating respect and care for the earth and the environment.
Hong Kong Headquarters
In 2008, the General Council of the Society moved from Ireland, where it had been located since our beginnings in 1918, to Hong Kong. This vibrant city is close to many of the countries where our missionaries are working.
Years of mission to the world.
Generations of people lifted to dignity.